An APD holiday in the French Alps

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

bigbuzzard

An APD holiday in the French Alps

Post by bigbuzzard »

I'm spending my final night tonight on holiday in the Alpine village of Morzine. We came here last Saturday for my sister's wedding.

Through a combination of a changed departure date, and some pretty enthusiastic over-delivery by Baxter, there is a load of APD & CAPD fluid and drain bags, caps and shields here - enough for 2 weeks if you're on the same regime as me:

5000 RL = 13 boxes (26 bags) all 1.36%
2000 RL = 3.6 boxes (18 bags) all 1.36%
2000 L = 4.6 boxes (23 bags) all 1.36 %
23 drain bags
23 APD 4 prong cassettes
46 shields (approx)
46 caps (approx)

There are also 2 boxes of the 'green' fluid - 2.25%.

The lady who runs the chalet we're staying in, is happy to keep the stuff here in the cellar. I was just wondering whether anyone out there who uses NHS-supplied Baxter APD stuff fancies a short notice break in the Alps? I say short notice - in fact, the expiry date on all this is 11/08 or 02/09 - so a skiing break in the winter is also a possibility.

The chalet is here:
http://www.armaillis-morzine.com/ - and is lovely. Rent seems reasonable.

It's in the middle of Morzine - about 5 minutes walk to the centre, and a cable car (Pleney) up the the mountains. Loads of other amazing mountain walks and lakes are a short drive away. Geneva airport is about an hour and a half's drive. Cluses is the nearest rail station - about 30 minutes drive down the mountain.

PM me if you want more info, or are interested.