PD tube op pre-assessment

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi,

I had my pre-assessment yesterday for my ops next monday (4/10), I managed to find out that I am just having the PD Tube done then and the fistula will be done at a later date. It was mainly form filling, blood tests and that kind of thing.

I am actually going to be on the cardiac ward not a renal one ?? as the surgeon who does the op is a cardiac surgeon. I will be in at 2pm on monday and have the op tuesday morning so hopefully if everything goes ok i will be out sometime tuesday afternoon/evening.

Mike
wing

Post by wing »

Good luck with this Mike - you'll be fine.
Just make sure everyone washes their hands before they touch you!!! (cross infection and all that).
amanda in CA

PD cath insertion

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, when I had my catheter inserted, a vacular sugeon did mine so it's not unusual for someone other than a nephrologist to do it. Amanda
Rik

Post by Rik »

Good Luck Mike :0)

will mark that date in my diary ... um?? ... if only I had a diary!!!!!
I'm sure that you will be in and out in a flash and you will settled into it quickly mate ...

did you ask if you could funnel Badgers straight into the PD tube?? ... least that way you can tell the wife that ... 'nay a drop passed my lips honey ... HONEST!!!' ... (hic!!)
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Mike--

Congratulations!
The operation itself is a piece of cake. I am sure that a cardio surgeon will have no trouble with it. Good luck and God bless.

Bruce
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi,

thank you all very much, I'm confident it will all go without a problem as everyone has told me.

This time next week I'll have had it done and hopefully enjoying my 2 weeks off work.

thanks

mike
Bruce

PD tube

Post by Bruce »

Mike:

You get 2 weeks off for a PD catheter insert? Wow! I was in and out of the hospital in 6 hours and told just not to do any lifting over 15 pounds (6.8 Kg). --Bruce
Hal

Post by Hal »

Good luck Mike - you'll be fine and feeling better again in no time :)

Hal