Surgery in 7 hours

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Michele in TN

Surgery in 7 hours

Post by Michele in TN »

Well in just 5 hours Chris and I will head to the hospital to have my pd cath (my best friend) and my stint taken out. I surely won't have to spend the night. I am anticipating it being short sweet and to the point. I think they said my down time would only be 20 minutes total. Not bad. They may not even have to intubate me.
I am a little nervous, hence my not sleeping but looking forward to the final chapter in Unit One of the Transplant Experience.

M
Michele, 30
Mom to Emily, 11
Wife to Chris
Transplanted 07/29/04
Creatinine 0.9 2/07
stopping prednisone due to severe renal osteodystrophy 11/06
Rik

Post by Rik »

just wanted to wish you well and hope your stay in hospital is a short one this time ... glad its all going well for you right now
all the best ...
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Michelle,

Hope it all went well for you today :)

Hal.
Michele in TN

Post by Michele in TN »

Everything went great guys. Well except the reaction I'm having to the dermabond but that is minor and tolerable.
We were actually home by 11 am that same day. I was shocked thinking we'd atleast be there until dusk.
I'm feeling great and looking forward to the future.
Michele, 30
Mom to Emily, 11
Wife to Chris
Transplanted 07/29/04
Creatinine 0.9 2/07
stopping prednisone due to severe renal osteodystrophy 11/06