blood sugar up

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Bruce

blood sugar up

Post by Bruce »

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have been a type 2 diabetic for 25 years and have been under control. The diabetes, however, did manage to ravage many parts of my body, including my kidneys. Now I am on PD.

The problem is that I'm pumping all of this sugar water into my body and my sugars are goi g up. My glucose level is 100 points higher and my Ha1c has jumped over a point. I can't take much more sugar out of my diet. What can I do?

Bruce
LadySycamore

Re: blood sugar up

Post by LadySycamore »

Bruce wrote:Has anyone else experienced this?

I have been a type 2 diabetic for 25 years and have been under control. The diabetes, however, did manage to ravage many parts of my body, including my kidneys. Now I am on PD.

The problem is that I'm pumping all of this sugar water into my body and my sugars are goi g up. My glucose level is 100 points higher and my Ha1c has jumped over a point. I can't take much more sugar out of my diet. What can I do?

Bruce
Hello Bruce.

I am type 2 since 1993, and I am also on PD. Not the best option for diabetics, they tell me, but it's good for me. I can get some of my life back with PD that was taken away via HD (which is what I started out with).

At any rate, what are you on for your diabetes? I take insulin several times a day, depending on the meal. I really only eat once a day...with maybe a small snack here and there.

Let me know and we'll talk. 8) :)
Dialyze.org:
http://dialyze.org/forums/index.php
Chatroom, Support, Advocacy and more!

Dialyze.org MemberGroup on MSN:
http://groups.msn.com/Dialyze-orgMember ... sages.msnw
Bruce

DD

Post by Bruce »

Lady S:

I am on Actos 30mg QD and eating a standard 3 meals + snack per day. I like Actos because it doesn't cause hypoglycemia and gives me no problems. I'd rather not have to go on insulin or one of the other meds that can cause low blood sugar--I've been there and it's no fun. I have an appointment next month with my endocrinologist and I guess I'll have to wait and see what he says.

Thanks for the comeback. --Bruce