LuLu

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Dionne

LuLu

Post by Dionne »

LuLu,
It was so good to see your post and to hear that you're doing so well. That's awesome! I tried to email you but the message kept coming back undeliverable. Anyhow, I'm about 8 weeks post op now, and I can't wait to start exercising and getting back into shape. (The Prednisone is killing my weight control efforts!)

My family and I are thinking about attending the Transplant Games...would like to meet you if possible. In which event are you participating? I've thought about training for the 2005 Games in swimming. :roll: I'm hoping that by attending, I'll become inspired.

Glad you're doing well...take care of yourself.
Dionne
LuLu2004

Hi Dionne!!!

Post by LuLu2004 »

Dionne,

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I am doing extremely well, thank God, and I definitely consider myself blessed in so, so many ways. We will DEFINITELY hook up if you come to the Transplant Games!! I am so excited about it. I have been slowly getting back into shape but plan to kick my training up a notch beginning May 1. Lord help me! :o

I started exercising about 5 weeks post transplant. Started off slowly with some very light handheld weights and then added walking 30 minutes a day. So be sure to start out slowly and you should be fine. How many mgs. of prednisone are you on daily? They will probably taper you pretty quickly to a lower maintenance dose of 5-10mg a day. I can give you lots of help and tips on keeping the weight at bay while you are tapering. It takes a lot of will power not to overeat since the prednisone really bumps up the appetite, but YOU CAN DO IT!!

My email address is : [email protected]

Feel free to email me anytime!

Best,
LuLu
There are no guarantees in life, and life is what you make it. Live each day like its a precious gift from God and you will have few or no regrets.