Tired? Exhausted? Drained? Shattered? Tell me about it

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

oldborris

Tired? Exhausted? Drained? Shattered? Tell me about it

Post by oldborris »

I feel exactly as if I had been turned inside out and left out in the rain to dry. Not that I ever have been but I feel just as I think I'd feel if I had been. If you know what I mean. I'm too tired even to think.

I've just completed the move of some of my stuff to one of the two flats I'll be using over the next ten weeks while the lift in my block is been refurbished. Some stuff into one flat and more stuff into the other flat which is devoid of any furniture. Of course, I had some help but I still had to do a lot and was glad when it was all done.

All done.....now that my helper has gone I find that we forgot the vacuum cleaner, kitchen utensils like pots and pans and cutting knives, and can openers and bottle openers, and kitchen towels and teacloths and...and....and.... You name it...we forgot it. And my life ceases....sorry, my lift ceases operation at 7 a.m. Monday morning. Damn! that's tomorrow morning. What am I going to do?

Right now I'm going to try to move the computer and printer to the first flat and reinstall it. I don't know if I can do it successfully. I've never done it before. If you don't hear from me during the next ten weeks you'll know it didn't work.

I'm going out now and I may be some time.
Michele in TN

Post by Michele in TN »

I'm glad you are getting settled. I'm sorry that you are having to go through this! I read all about it last night and it is just plain crappy!
Take care of yourself. And I have faith you'll have the computer up in no time.
Michele, 30
Mom to Emily, 11
Wife to Chris
Transplanted 07/29/04
Creatinine 0.9 2/07
stopping prednisone due to severe renal osteodystrophy 11/06
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

I am relieved you were able to move successfully. Hopefully you were able to retrieve the items you needed without too much difficulty. Take some time to rest, put your feet up and read a good book!

Best Wishes, Anne
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

Yup: the move was made successfully and I am now installed comfortably in the first of the two flats-of-exile to which I have been banished. And, as you can surmise from this posting, I was able to take my computer with me. I nearly gave up on that cos I found the moden line was buried under the carpet and behind a heavy desk I could't possibly move. But then I heard a hearty "hello" through the open door of my flat from a passing neighbour [no, God didn't send him: he just happens to live next door] and it turned out that he had a spare modem. I don't know how I would have managed for ten weeks without a computer. All's ok for the current three week period; then I have to go through the whole thing all over again and then once more seven weeks later. And then the joy of moving back into my own flat with a lift that works!
George

Post by George »

Hi oldborris, i'm glad you have re-located and re-installed in working..but fragile condition. Keep you chin up mate, you have lots of friends at the other end of your pc. Hope that your next move is easier.

I'm knackered and bruised, went for dialysis yesterday and had a major eruption in my fistula vein, my arm doubled in size and has more shades of purples & reds than an open fire burning copper wire.
Anne in Va

NEIGHBOUR

Post by Anne in Va »

So pleased to learn you were visited by a friendly face and generous helping hands. Anne
Pam

Post by Pam »

Dear Oldborris,
Listening to your story, I had to think to myself that Somebody up there likes you-whether you believe it or not! :D Glad you are in your new place and have your computer going...
Take care of yourself!
-Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28