News on Richard

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Carolyn in CA

News on Richard

Post by Carolyn in CA »

Well.... the saga continues, but at this point, the news is not so good.

First of all, he was not chosen for the kidney last week, in part because we thought he was just recovering from a virus. Turns out, one of the two kidneys failed before the recipient got it. What a terrible disappointment for them!

And...on Firday, Richard had terrible pains in his chest and stomach after dialysis. he had been in the hospital with the same symptoms on August 11th,a nd they told us the pain was muscular. The pain never went away and Friday it got horrible. I called 911 and he has been in Critical Care ever since.

He has pericarditis again, with fluid in chest and lungs and irritation to the lining around the heart. They did surgery on Saturday and took 800 cc's of fluid out of his chest. He still has a chest tube in and draining. They've been doing dialysis every day. Last night late, he called after I was in bed and said that he couldn't feel any pulses (motion) in his fistula. So, I don't know if that will mean more surgery or what.

We're just hanging and waiting to see what will happen next.
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

Carolyn,

My heart aches for you both. You and Richard are in my prayers.

Anne
GSinCA

Post by GSinCA »

Carolyn

Sorry to hear that Richard is having such a tough time, and were sure its not easy for you too. Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you. GS
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Carolyn & Richard

Sorry to hear things are tough at the moment and hopefully they get better for you both soon.

Hal x
nycpetit

I hope

Post by nycpetit »

things are slowly getting better and finding a better balance. I think of you both often and am sending positive thoughts and vibes for a big turnaround very soon.

Hugs,
natalie