Transplant Date

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

LW Adams

Transplant Date

Post by LW Adams »

Hey it's been awhile but I haven't and my computer for awhile. So now for the good news, my wife and I have been trying to get this transplant eval completed. Well as of Wed of this week the last Doctor gave the go ahead and we got a date of 12 Oct , See my wife is going to donate one of her kidneys and they realy had alot tests for her, and she had to pass each test.
So with a lot of praying and alot of trips to the city we are ready to get this over with. So all of that, We will keep everyone informed about everything from here through transplant.
Have fun and keep praying. LW Adams
Pam

Post by Pam »

Dear LW,
So happy to hear that you are in the next "leg" of your journey and that your wife is going to donate a kidney to you! :D All my prayers are with you and your wife for a safe and well outcome of the surgery.
Please be assured that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily-let us know how everything is going and how you both are doing!
Take care of yourself and God bless you both!
-Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

Good news about the upcoming transplant. You can be sure the folks here will be sending prayers your way.

I seem to remember you were hoping for an earlier date. If you are willing and able to go in at short notice, you might ask your center to consider you if they have a cancellation. I was supposed to have my transplant the week before Christmas but they called and asked if we wanted to have it two weeks earlier because of a cancellation. I had not thought about that possibility, but the unit thought of us, and how it would give my donor and me more recovery time before the holiday. Of course,my Christmas cards did not get sent last year! Oh Well!

God Bless,

Anne