Q: one for everyone:)

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Julie

My favourite songs...

Post by Julie »

Well, my favourite 3 songs in no particular order are.....

American Pie - Don McLean
Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Every Breath You Take - The Police/Sting

I could go on.....

As - Stevie Wonder
The Reason - Hoobastank
Maria - Blondie
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Look What You've Done - Jet
Smooth - Santana
Road Trippin' - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Feel - Robbie Williams
All Souls Night - Loreena McKennit
Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn
And everything by Elton John, David Bowie, Manic Street Preachers, Feeder, The Calling and Fuel

And......

OK - I'll shut up now. :wink:
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hi.

Can't pinpoint a favourite song of all-time. My favourite genre is Rock, so of course it would be something like that. I have so many to choose from, but my favourite album of all time is probably This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours, by the Manic Street Preachers (http://www.manics.co.uk) - simply because the music is beautiful, stunning, mellow, sentimental.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else that comes much near that, but that's my opinion, don't think we're all programmed to have the same opinions are we? ;)

Steve :D
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~
My Band myspace!
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

My favourite song, which I sing [sing? with my voice??] three times a week, an hour into dialysis.

"Take these chains from my arm and set me free"
Rik

Post by Rik »

so pleased its not Dont Fear the Reaper by the Blue Oyster Cult, Old Boris :wink:

Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton whenever I am down ... it sounds how I feel ... for obvious reasons when you realise why the song was written ...

We Will Rock You by Queen can ALWAYS send a tingle down my spine ... especially the 'Live' version ... Let Me Entertain You sung by Robbie Williams can do the same ... well almost ... but not quite .... its the foot stomps and hand claps of thousands upon thousands of fans in unison being led by Freddie Mercury that really makes that tingle ...

and Lou Reed's Perfect Day but sung by various artists for a BBC promo always makes me feel that little bit happier if things arent going well ...
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Again... Thanks for your replies all.. I feel a custom KPG type CD coming on;)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

Does nobody on this board like REAL music? Have looked in vain for a mention of Mozart, Handel, Brahms et al and etc etc etc
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Aaah good point OldBorris..

Actually I also have here...

Mozart, Vivaldi and Dvorak,.. Oh and some Baltic Organ Music by Hans Ola Ericsson :!:
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

Hey, my favourite group is also Depeche Mode. (I always thought I was the only one...) my favourite DM song is But Not Tonight.
I used to like them when they were seriously uncool in the early eighties. In fact I saw them in concert in 1982 in a pub in Nottingham, there were about thirty people there and they were awful!!!

Saw them in 1986 in Birmingham and there were about 100,000 people and they were fantastic! :lol:
Jim
LadySycamore

Post by LadySycamore »

bluemoon wrote:Hey, my favourite group is also Depeche Mode. (I always thought I was the only one...) my favourite DM song is But Not Tonight.
I used to like them when they were seriously uncool in the early eighties. In fact I saw them in concert in 1982 in a pub in Nottingham, there were about thirty people there and they were awful!!!

Saw them in 1986 in Birmingham and there were about 100,000 people and they were fantastic! :lol:
Yay!! :)

My first show was 1987/88 (Music For The Masses Tour (1987 - 1988). It was great. Nitzer Ebb was supposed to open for them, but they couldn't get their travel visas, so OMD opened instead. They were ok..wasn't the biggest OMD fan, but they were cool.

The World Violation Tour (1990): Missed it! Personal issues with friends got in the way...darn it. :evil:

The Devotional Tour (1993): Excellent. Didn't know that Dave was on smack at the time. Nearly had a heart attack when I heard in 1996 (I think) that he died from an overdose...paramedics brought him back to life thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Singles Tour (1998): Great again. Nice return to touring.

The Exciter Tour (2001): What can I say...they rock. :)

Can't wait for them to return to the studio!

Fav song: "Strangelove" :wink:
Dialyze.org:
http://dialyze.org/forums/index.php
Chatroom, Support, Advocacy and more!

Dialyze.org MemberGroup on MSN:
http://groups.msn.com/Dialyze-orgMember ... sages.msnw
Michele in TN

Post by Michele in TN »

Being in dance I love anything from classical to hip hop. Except country music. Something about it just makes me want to strangle someone.
My favorite song of all time would be mine and Chris's wedding song: Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel. Very fitting as on our first date I had a picc line in my arm and had to hook up for antibiotics at 10 that night.
Right now some of my favorites are:
Jessica Simpson: Angels
Usher: Burn
And an oldie I love is September by Earth, Wind and Fire.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

I know its daft, but I always get embarrassed when asked what music I like! (maybe its just me!!!)

My favourites are...Maroon5 - she will be loved... saw them at Shepherds Bush Empire last Friday and they were wicked!

I love old Motown stuff too. My mum used to play them in her car whilst driving me around in her GTI when I was little... I was a baby-racer and have loved cars ever since!! (i am a girl, honest!)

Fast Car (ooh, that led on nicely!!) by Tracy Chapman is also a great song.
I guess the Corrs Runaway should be one too... it was mine and my husband's first dance song.

OOH, and Take That were AMAZING (when I was 10!)

Vicki x
Doolally

Post by Doolally »

This is a fun thread! Let me think....

MUSIC
Beautiful Day - U2 (plus most of their other songs!)
Stuck in the Middle with You - whoever it is
Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong (seems to be a kidney patient favourite!)
Pure Shores - All Saints - The Beach soundtrack - a happy summer song - in fact most of my favourite songs are!!

Its hard to think on the spot.. I love fun silly stuff like Abba and other 70s stuff that I can dance around to like a nutter!!

Also like Sarah McLachlan, David Gray (Lost Songs), Grandaddy (The Sophtware Slump), Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, & some Christian bands like Delirious, Phatfish, Jars of Clay.

Classical music: piano music by Rachmaninov, Liszt, Debussy, but my ultimate hero is JS Bach - what a dude!! I also like world/folk music: scottish folk, spanish guitar, egyptian dance, south african drums...

FILMS I have to say, Mike, we should get together to watch films. I also totally love Amelie & Lost in Translation. Scarlet Johannsen is a total babe, and I'm a girl saying that!! I also love Whale Rider, the Shreks, Shawshank Redemption.. and lots more..

I'll quit now before I get sucked in to going through all my CDs & videos!!