hope this week is better than last !

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

hope this week is better than last !

Post by Mike »

Hi everyone

So far so good this week I'm feeling better than I was. I felt terrible at the weekend so tired, being sick when I eat, being sick when I haven't, headaches and then dizziness and generally feeling very sorry for myself. I have been so up and down over the last week or so it has been so hard I've gone from feeling like I was just about to die to feeling ok then feeling really crap again over the space of a couple of hours but I woke up this morning feeling much better I just hope it lasts

thanks for the support

mike :D :D :D
Elaine

Hope feelin better soon ;)

Post by Elaine »

Sadly Mike sounds sooo familiar of symtoms of renal failure probs etc but can be very alarming 2 uself and othes' watchin u goin through this :cry:
Lets hope u gona feel betetr soon? Remind us are u on dialyis at mo at all?? Dialysis can often help alleviate some of theses symptoms 4 u :wink:

Take care nice 2 hear from U mike hope u feelin better soon life tough such a rollercoasster eh?? :roll: :wink:

best wishes Elaine ;)
Mike

Post by Mike »

No I'm not on dialysis but it is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

I actually had an appointment with the pre-dialysis nurse this morning and I feel much better for having spoken to her but she said I'm still not far enough advanced for dialysis. I was supposed to be having my PD tube & fistula put in at the begining of next month but she said they will be putting that back.

I'm just glas of the support from this site and my fantastic brother Ed who is the best brother in the world :) :)

Elaine

Hiya Mike ;)

Post by Elaine »

Thanx 4 u reply ;) nice 2 hear from u. Yeh we have learnt very much with renal medicine that doesn't always go 2 plan etc :( Such a rollercoaster but glad u feel better speakin to renal nurses etc they have lots of knowledege, help & support which is ideal :lol: and supportive. Yeh nice to be in touch with other people similar circumstances sorta ' all in same boat' so as to speak :o Sometimes very hard for Drs to predict exactly when u need start dialyis etc depending on u function etc. My daughter had 2 start 6mnths earlier than expected as had lotta trouble with fluid retention :roll: She was on p/d 18mnths and now on haemo 2months hoping get bak on transplant list after ?? possibly having kidneys removed as giving soo much trouble- proteinurea. We ahd been hoping she be on list last 12 mnths ago but just way it goes eh?? ....

best wishes Elaine ;)
Mike

Post by Mike »

yes it is so good to have this site, i've learnt far more about my condition from here. I've never had a problem with fluid retention so I suppose that is one good thing although that is probably because I am always told I'm not drinking enough water but I'm trying to drink more.

I am waiting for confirmation that I am on the transplant list as I am at 15% as of last thursday. I do feel lucky as up until now I've not suffered too badly and I think last week was just a bad one. What I find confusing is that I saw the surgeon on friday and he was wanting to book me in for the op in the next couple of weeks but I'm due to go to venice for a few days at the beginning of september so it would have been difficult to fit it in. But the nurse said it would not be for a little while which is confusing as I want to get it done so that when the time comes for dialysis I can start as soon as possible.

I hope you daughter coping ok on HD, my brother's on HD and he has as much energy if not more than my 'healthy' friends. Hope she gets back on the list as soon as possible, it is the best long term treatment although the most scary option but from the sounds of things she's had a pretty rough time recently, I remember my brother when he was born was rushed to southampton hospital to have one kidney removed. He was in the ICU for weeks and wasn't expected to live for more than a couple fo months. I was only 5 and spent every day after school with my nose pressed against the glass as I wasn't allowed to see him. I remeber when he came home and i first held him I was so happy to have my little brother, he's 27 this year but has been through so much in his life, 2 failed transplants and you would never know by looking at him. he's so strong and the one thing that keeps me going thats why he's the best brother!

best wishes to you both

Mike :D :D