Something to read:) Only slightly OT:)

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Thanks for all the replies.. Well that should keep me busy for a while..

I WAS intending to go to the library today.. However I broke my foot (LH metatarsal) last night, so that kind of precludes that. However I've printed off the thread and will work my way through it soon.. Mebbe ask someone to see if a few choice works are available:)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Elaine

Awww poor Foot hope u feelin betetr real sooon ;)

Post by Elaine »

Jman poor u :cry: Hope u be up n runnin and kiting real sooooon eh??
:roll: .
No doubt we'll keep u occupied on the net LOL :shock: yak yak yak in chat!!! n on here too n msn ;) :roll:

best wishes and ((((HUGZ)))) Elaine & Rach :roll: :wink: :lol:
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

JMan, now why did you go do such a silly thing? See what happens when i'm not there watching? breaking your foot! Next you'll be telling me you broke your computer! humph!

Just joking with you.. seriously - i hope you're up and about quickly.. as its no fun being laid up like that.

~Rachel
msdiva

Post by msdiva »

Nathan McCall's "Makes you wanna holla" great book on the struggle of an african american male in the inner city. Grew up gang bangin, robbing people, pimping, went to jail, changed his life, wrote a book about his life growing up inner city, compelling, will have you in the city with him seeing things through his eyes. loved the book
Rik

Post by Rik »

Gee MsD ... that story sounds like most of the folks I grew up with in South London!!!!
just think ... I know so many wouldbe famous authors ... the only trouble is most of them still dont know how to write!!!!!

:0)
msdiva

Post by msdiva »

Is that right RIK, well my goodness, Nathan McCall is one of my favorite writers, I love books that just takes you there....feel me
christineDC

Carl Hiasen!!

Post by christineDC »

For a good laugh and a touch of Florida culture read Carl Hiasen. The latest is Skinny Dip which is quite good although I also liked Lucky You and Stormy Weather....FUNNY!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Well I went to the library (why does it ALWAYS get busy 'just' after I get in there..??)

and I came out with.

Moonseed by Stephen Baxter
Moonrise by Ben Bova (kinda like his stuff) and YES I was in the Sci-Fi shelves.

THe No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith (I'm sure someone has mentioned this in the past)

THe Lonely Dead and Straw Men by Michael Marshall Smith (strangley they are listed under 'M' for Marshall) I like his books and he's a local lad!

So lots of reading to do.:)

Right now I'm into the middle of 2nd Chance by James Patterson (spooky)

Thanks folks.. this lot is gonna take me a short while:)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Pam

Post by Pam »

Hey JMan,
So sorry to hear you broke your foot :cry: ...at least with your trip to the library you won't be bored! :wink: I always have a book "going"-it does pass the time and especially if you cannot get out and about.
Take care of yourself!
-Pam :)
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28