Blood Pressure

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

bluemoon

Blood Pressure

Post by bluemoon »

Hi,

I am 2 years post transplant. Everything is fine creatanine 130 and so on.

Anyway I went for my check up today and my BP was 130/75. My consultant said this was too high and increased my blood pressure tablets again!

I dont want high blood pressure but I wonder what other transplantees have as a mark for blood pressure?

Thanks.

James
Jim
SteveUK

Blood Pressure

Post by SteveUK »

Hi there,

Blood pressure with transplants can be quite dependent on medication that you take. For instance:

Cyclosporin (Neoral) can raise your blood pressure, depending on which dosage you are on.

Other drugs can cause your body to retain more water, which can raise your blood pressure too.

Stress too can cause your blood pressure to be high. You don't specify any medication that you take that may make this happen, or talk of any other circumstances that may effect your reading. 130/75 isn't awfully high that it will cause such complications. Mine is around 120/70 and I've never been told it's too high or anything like that. That said, it's different for everyone. I do take a blood pressure tablet, Metoprolol tartrate, which is used more as a measure to slow my heart rate down as it is irregular.

Hope this helps,

Steve
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~
My Band myspace!