The time has come....

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

msdiva

The time has come....

Post by msdiva »

Well guy/gals I'm a little depressed i have to get a fistula put in next week. Not the news i was going for. Then was told my veins are crappy, My clearance was 8ml when i went in this time, I guess i just have to accept that my life is about to change. Not feeling to well today, and I guess i'm just feeling sorry for myself. :cry: Thanks for listening

A dejected diva!
Elaine

Hiya Misdiva

Post by Elaine »

Hiya sorry to hear u news life full of ups n downs such a rollercoaster eh?
:lol: :roll: :wink: :shock: :)

hope things work out 4 u best wishes Elaine ;) UK
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi
I'm sorry to hear that, it is so difficult with the way this makes you feel as one day you feel ok and the next you feel really crap and I completely understand how you feel as I'm the same but with me it's usually as a result of my yoghurt addiction!! (shh dont tell or I'll be in trouble :wink: )

I'm expecting to be put on the transplant list on thursday and it won't be long till dialysis now.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

mike :)
LadySycamore

Re: The time has come....

Post by LadySycamore »

msdiva wrote:Well guy/gals I'm a little depressed i have to get a fistula put in next week. Not the news i was going for. Then was told my veins are crappy, My clearance was 8ml when i went in this time, I guess i just have to accept that my life is about to change. Not feeling to well today, and I guess i'm just feeling sorry for myself. :cry: Thanks for listening

A dejected diva!
Sorry to hear your news. :(

You weren't eligible for a PD catheter? I'm just curious b/c if your veins are crappy, I fear that hemo would wind up being more trouble than it was worth. However, if this was the only option, I hope that it goes well for you!

Peace and blessings
8) :wink:
Dialyze.org:
http://dialyze.org/forums/index.php
Chatroom, Support, Advocacy and more!

Dialyze.org MemberGroup on MSN:
http://groups.msn.com/Dialyze-orgMember ... sages.msnw
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Good luck with it.. and you can always look for a second opinion.. there are different ways to make a fistula and from what I've seen a lot of them aren't done with the care and skill they might be as they are seen as very 'routine' access surgery..

Its a bit disheartening.. I'm glad my fistula seems to be something of a masterpiece.. either that or I am bloody lucky..:)

Hope it goes OK.. take a good choice of music with you.
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast