information for my employer

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

information for my employer

Post by Mike »

hello,

can anyone direct me to any websites where I can get information for my employer about dialysis and transplantation? I've got some info off NKF site but I am looking for information regarding disability rights as well

I will be very grateful for any information

Mike
Elaine

Disability rights Mike ;)

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Mike read u post ;)

Have found a useful sie disability.gov.uk that may be useful both 2 uself and u employers.

Good luck Elaine Uk :lol: :D :roll:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Elaine,

Thank you very much for that, I've got to have a meeting with my boss about the implications of dialysis & sickness and sorting out what my rights are.

thank you

mike
Elaine

Good Luck Mike ;)

Post by Elaine »

Glad to be of help Mike ;) :roll: Yeh makes SUCH difference if u know u rights as sometimes employers like to try 'pull the wool over u head' :shock: If u have advise wil hopefully guide n help u :wink:

best wishes Elaine ;) :D
Mike

Post by Mike »

luckily my boss is being very good to me and is making sure that I get whatever time off i will need and is supporting me so should be ok. he just wants as much information as I can give him so that he can understand it better
Elaine

Mike

Post by Elaine »

Thats good u got supportive boss etc glad 2 hear, sadly not always the case. So at least havin info disabilty rights can guide people ;0 :roll: :wink:

best wishes Elaine ;) :shock:
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Mike

Think NKRF may do a booklet called 'What I tell my employer about kidney disease..' 0845 300 1499

Also see CAB site.. http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nm/index/ ... oyment.htm

Good luck with it and let us know how meeting goes
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast