Thanks for the welcome

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Dan

Thanks for the welcome

Post by Dan »

I haven't been part of a bulletin board like this before. It sure felt good to realize that there are other people out there going thru similar if not the same situation as me. Amazing how connections can be made from around the world. My creatinine level in my body has jumped quite a bit over the last couple of months as well as other blood levels. I am doing 5 exchanges a day right now for a couple of weeks. I already feel quite a bit better. I think that I got too dehydrated and it messed everything up but I am on the mend. Our family vacation is coming up in a week or so. We are all excited to get a change of scenery. hopefully my blood levels will have improved by then. It is finally cooling down tonite here. I live just outside Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. My wife has a few relatives who live in County Down N.Ireland. Any of you from around there? talk to you later.
msdiva

Post by msdiva »

I'ts nice to meet you also Dan, you didnt mention what your blood levels were to begin with, we love comparing numbers on this board, Hope your numbers and you are doing well, Im from New Jersey, and im about to start dialysis, my creatinine just hit 6 and my clearance just hit 8 so I guess im what you would call "being there" as relating to you're "been there". But welcome to this international board, The advice and information you get from this board sometimes is better than the advice and information you get from your own doctor. These people know what the're talking about, the should, the live it everyday. I always read with vigor, because they go through what im about to start.....and i have to admit im scared.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Hi Dan

You must thank your wife for her kind reply to my message.

I have 3 children as you know, Curtis 15, yasmin 13 and Naomi 12.

You must lead a very busy life looking after all of the children!!

Once again thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Keep in touch and try chat again I think it may have been down when ruth tried. it was not working over the weekend.

www.dialyze.org/chat

Love Kelly
ImageImage

Life is like a box of chocolates, you can never get enough