Hair loss advice

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

StephenPeachey

Hair loss advice

Post by StephenPeachey »

Hi all

Just wondering if any one out there has any advice regarding hair loss. I'm now one year post transplant and still on quite a high dose of Adoport 8mg twice a day, my hairs getting quite threadbare, just wondering if any of you out there have experienced the same and could recommend anything. Apart from that everything's going well .

Take care everyone
AmandaClare

Re: Hair loss advice

Post by AmandaClare »

It's a common concern. I'd suggest searching the forum as there have been several previous threads.

I lost tons of hair and it went very thin, then it bounced back and has been way too thick for many years. But I'm on ciclosporin, which causes excess hair growth, so people these days will have a different pattern.

Glad to hear all is well otherwise.
Alports Syndrome
Dialysis 1986, aged 14
Transplant 1988, still going strong!
Baby boy 2010