Sad news

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Trisha

Sad news

Post by Trisha »

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you my husband died last week just 20 months after having a kidney transplant. I came to this forum with several questions when he had his transplant and everyone on here was very helpful. I'd like to thank everyone for that. My husband had been on dialysis for three and half years before the op and he hated it. Unfortunately he never really picked up after the transplant and his general health went into decline. I asked him once if he thought he should have stayed on dialysis and the answer was a very definite no. He really enjoyed the freedom that the transplant gave him and he was very grateful to the donor's family for allowing him to have their loved one's kidney. Good luck to all those who have a transplant or who are waiting for a transplant, and good luck to all those staying on dialysis.
wagolynn

Re: Sad news

Post by wagolynn »

Hello Trisha,

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Best wishes for the future.
AmandaClare

Re: Sad news

Post by AmandaClare »

Sad news indeed. I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for coming on to let us know.

Amanda
Alports Syndrome
Dialysis 1986, aged 14
Transplant 1988, still going strong!
Baby boy 2010