Feel nauseated

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

June Adn

Feel nauseated

Post by June Adn »

Hi I'm June have recently been diagnosed with end stage renal failure waiting to commence CAPD - feeli quite nauseated any tips to ward it off in the meantime? :? :?
Regards June
nycpetit

Nauseated

Post by nycpetit »

others here will be better able to help you with ideas...but i think things like plain crackers, obviously not salted, and small, small meals....little amounts at once...and sips of drinks....don't try to manage a meal...and don't put yourself in the position of different food smells that further nauseate you if you can manage it.

best to you
hang in there
Natalie
Ronnie Magnolia Springs

Post by Ronnie Magnolia Springs »

June...

Have they given you a renal diet plan and are you following it correctly?
I found that before my transplant...the more closely I followed the diet plan the better I felt. Speak to your doctor about the nausea and perhaps he can give you a medication that will help. Hang in there....

Ronnie Magnolia Springs, Al
Flatman

Post by Flatman »

I'm now on CAPD 3 years, and when I was about to start I felt sick, just like morning sickness I have been told. Anyway it seems as you enter ESRF the stomach produces more acid, therefore making you feel sick. The doc's can put you on a course of tablets, either Zoton or Langprozol (?) which should help the sick feeling.

Good luck, any questions email me. :)

Nathan