FSGS

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

BrendaM

Post by BrendaM »

[quote="LadySycamore"]34 yr old Af/American female in Philadelphia, Pa. Was diagnosed in 2001 at age 31 with FSGS due to reflux and genetics (on my dad's side).[/quote]

Hi there, I was interested to hear you say FSGS is due to genetics on your dad's side.
Do you mean his side of family also have FSGS?
Are you part of the Duke Univ programme of research into FSGS in families?
I think we have a genetic problem but on female line. interesting to see your opposite view.
regards
BrendaM
Robin in Hungary

Post by Robin in Hungary »

Hi. Diagnosed at age 40, white, female, hail from California/Colorado, no family history of kidney disorders, FSGS presumably ideopathic.

My husband is scared stiff that it could have been triggered by my leaving my second home of Japan after 17 years and moving to Hungary to join him. I tell him it would have happened anyway (at least, it's easier to think that way), and this way at least I'm not going through it totally alone.