Hair loss after transplant

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Hair loss after transplant

Postby chrisb » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:28 am

I had a transplant almost 6 months ago and about 6 weeks ago my hair started to fall out and continues to do so. I have been told it due to me taking Tacrolimus which of course I will have to take for the life of the kidney. Does anyone have experience of this and is it temporary or will it all go and stay gone?
chrisb

Re: Hair loss after transplant

Postby wagolynn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi Chrisb,

Have you tried searching the forum?

The search box is at the top of the page just below, "KPG Forum", I would try searching for, 'hair loss', and then maybe, 'hair regrown'.
I seem to remember comments about hair from time to time.

I would also try the drug website there may be some encouraging information there.
wagolynn

Postby chrisb » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks
chrisb

Postby sporti » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:31 am

Hi ChrisB
I had major hair loss. It will improve as they taper down the Cellcept and Prograf. However to try and help the situation here in the USA I use Rogaine and I was also given a topical steroid. Really helped.
sporti

Return to The KPG Forum