Transplant Date!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Pinkdiamonds14

Transplant Date!

Post by Pinkdiamonds14 »

Can't quite believe I'm typing this but after the disappointment of two live donors being rejected as a match over the last two and a half years, my dad and his third doner have been given the go ahead and we have a date for two weeks time! I would be grateful for any tips or advice from any of those who have recently had a transplant, particularly at Guys. I appreciate there is a thread on this but most of the posts are quite old now and so little time to get my head around it. Thanks in advance.
wagolynn

Re: Transplant Date!

Post by wagolynn »

Best wishes to all involved.
emmamays1978

Post by emmamays1978 »

Good luck. Im donating to my husband id 5 weeks just got told yesterday. Where at Manchester. Are you on facebook? they have some really good groups?
Daisy4246

Post by Daisy4246 »

I had a transplant 3 months ago and feel very good. Just tired.
Tell him to be strong and take whatever is throw at him. Listen to advice from professionals, like trying to walk after. He has to drink a lot and therefore pee a lot. Everything is monitored e.g. daily bloods, urine output etc. Take magazines and books to read. When he is not up for too many visitors then be vocal.
We are all different and it is a major operation so it's not easy but so worth it after the recovery.
Best of luck. Such great news. No more dialysis!
evelynhoward

Post by evelynhoward »

The matter is that we are all different, and this operation is not easy but so worth it after the recovery.
Pinkdiamonds14

Post by Pinkdiamonds14 »

Thank you all for your replies. Op got postponed until 18 May, it's going to be a long week!