CAPD and holiday

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

charlesjacob4695

CAPD and holiday

Post by charlesjacob4695 »

Hi guys, my brother is due to start APD type of Dialysis (which is the nightly one) in a few days, but has got plans to go on holiday middle in April for our sister's wedding, would anyone know if this poses a risk????
from sex toy with love
Last edited by charlesjacob4695 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmandaClare

Re: CAPD and holiday

Post by AmandaClare »

There are many people on the forum with more recent PD experience than me.

I don't think the holiday is a risk so much as a potential practical problem. Has he told the people organising the dialysis?

People travel a lot on PD but not normally in the first few days and weeks. They either put the supplies and machine in the car or get the fluid delivered. I don't think it's going to be advisable for him to be away from home base so early in case of complications.

I'd suggest making the hospital aware immediately of this really important date, if they're not already so they can plan around it.
Alports Syndrome
Dialysis 1986, aged 14
Transplant 1988, still going strong!
Baby boy 2010