Surprise transplant call

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Daisy4246

Surprise transplant call

Post by Daisy4246 »

Update... on my husband's special birthday I got the call. I was shocked as I had plans for weekends away. Anyway straight to Cambridge. To be honest I was more nervous than anything and was there 3.5 weeks and getting frustrated stuck there. Two biopsys later and 7 plasma exchanges later sent home and creatinine steadily dropping.
After getting over all that, wow such a gift. I was in HD for a year before that. I'm so thankful. It's been 5 weeks now and looking forward to getting stronger and fitter and much more.
I wish you all the best at whatever stage you are at and may there be more transplants for those who need it.
igor1974

Re: Surprise transplant call

Post by igor1974 »

That's wonderful news. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a healthy future. It's good to hear the call does eventually happen.
igor1974

transplanted 1974
APD February 2018