RE: Marrakech

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

jooles

RE: Marrakech

Post by jooles »

Hello

Has anyone had experience of travelling to Marrakech post transplant? I am three years post transplant and want to know whether it's considered safe from a food hygiene point of view, to travel to Marrakech. I have searched on Google but found nothing. I will probably contact my renal team before booking but just wanted to know if anyone has any first hand experience.

Many thanks
Jooles
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015
Chris Wright

Re: RE: Marrakech

Post by Chris Wright »

Yep, been twice post tx.

Once doing a mountain bike ride through the High Atlas Mountains in about 1998 and the second time about 10 years ago with the family.

Don't worry, eat hotel/restaurant food and not street food or salads that have been washed in the local water. Bottled drinks with no ice, particularly if you go to the villages etc.

It's a Marmite place. I love it! I hope you do.

C
Transplanted Sept 1981

Still enjoying life like a 21 year old, or younger!
jooles

Re: RE: Marrakech

Post by jooles »

Thanks Chris!
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015