insomnia / urination patterns

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

startingover

insomnia / urination patterns

Post by startingover »

I'm male, 34.
Not sure if you might remember me from my previous postings/threads in which I was having some issues with urination.
I'm still having these and and off strange urinary patterns with disturbed sleeping patterns too where I'd wake up at like 1am and then sometimes at 5am nearly every night now. I've had urianalysis samples done 4 times, all normal, tested my blood glucose level several times using home testing kits before/after meals and that's normal too.

Then last week I had a DRE and the doctor said my prostate was slightly enlarged however it was very smooth and normal in that regard. He wasn't overly concerned about it and said it's not abnormal and this can happen. Anyway I got a PSA test done and waiting for the results from that.

He thinks that my symptoms are more likely due to a slight over-active bladder than anything else and more concerned with my anxiety levels. This is what I'm concerned about though - my urination patterns which seem odd. I have been keeping a diary of the patterns.

Yesterday for example I drank around 3.5l but then voided a total of almost 4.5 litres! But then today I've voided around 900ml and drunk around 2l. Most other days it's been an average of around 1.6 - 2.5 litres which is fairly normal. However on occasions I'll sometimes have an urge to pee twice in 2 hours DESPITE NOT HAVING DRUNK in between. In other words, say I drank 1.5l, about an hour later, I'll get the urge to go and void 700ml and then another hour later I'll get another urge and void the same amount. Why is this? My bladder filled up despite not having drink anything in between. I wonder if this is simply the extra urine that was waiting to be emptied from my kidneys into my bladder or what?

My flow rate is fine and again no straining, burning, no pain etc.
That's why I'm confused as to whether it's my prostate or something else.

Another big thing is that I occasionally feel a little off after I peed, like “on edge” almost rather anxious and not quite myself. Can’t quite describe it. Then other times where I feel totally normal. Comes and goes. This is the same kind of sensation I've felt waking up in the middle of night.
wagolynn

Re: insomnia / urination patterns

Post by wagolynn »

Hi startingover,

Our bodies, as part of it's normal function, produce water we also loose water by sweating, making a close match between input, and output not attainable.

I think, because you are thinking about it, you are disturbing your natural rhythm.
Normally, we secrete a hormone at night which tells the kidneys to slow down but this doe's depend on our body clock being correct.

Our body clock can get out of step, by working shift work or forcing a different sleeping pattern, too much screen time, not seeing sufficient daylight.

I would enquire about, attending a bladder control clinic, they would help you to regain a normal urinary pattern.
nana1983

Post by nana1983 »

THE most efficient for me was Clay. 50g in a glass of water 3 times a day, 30 min before meal. I VE tried 2 types of clay but only one as very good.I VE SLEPT LIKE a baby.
I ve ordered more, you can t find it in UK.Send me a mess i ll send you some.07884706792
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

It is also very good for cleaning baths, showers, and knifes....
nana1983

Post by nana1983 »

I gave this clay to a friend of mine who was working in a car wash. I GAVE him just 200 g. After he finished it, he called me every day to give him more.I m not joking.Please don t joke either.this clay helped me, for you wagolyn might be good for knifes and brain for sure