cold and dtage 4 ckd

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Keeleyweeley

cold and dtage 4 ckd

Post by Keeleyweeley »

Hi there I am new to this forum,as you proberly will tell!
I have kidney function of 17% from IgA nerthropthy. Does having a really bad cold make your function drop quicker. I have a really bad cold and feel terrible. How quickly do you think it will drop now to 10-15% as I'm curious
wagolynn

Re: cold and dtage 4 ckd

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Keelywheeley,

How fast your renal function deteriorates depends primarily, on you as an individual (not that you can do anything about it), secondary factors will be the cause of your renal failure.

Having a cold may temporarily cause a slight drop, having renal failure will lower your immune systems capability, making you more susceptible to minor ailments.

It is important to have the annual flue jabs, at some point you will be able to get them free of charge but I am not certain at what level of function this kicks in, your GP should know.

Best wishes.