Gift ideas

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Wallis

Gift ideas

Post by Wallis »

My dad, in his 80's, has kidney function of around 9%. He has chosen not to have dialysis and is trying to manage his situation as best he can. I appreciate things are not going to be easy and with his birthday coming up I wondered if anyone had any practical ideas for gifts to make his life a little easier/more comfortable/enjoyable. Thanks.
wagolynn

Re: Gift ideas

Post by wagolynn »

With summer on it's way, well we hope, a good quiet electric fan.
Daisy4246

Post by Daisy4246 »

Perhaps a memorable day trip somewhere he really likes or wanted to visit.
Dixie1

Post by Dixie1 »

I like Daisy4246's idea about the day out. But for an alternative idea, how about some nice warm bed socks? My feet are always freezing!! :roll:
Wallis

Post by Wallis »

Thank you very much for the ideas. Have got some bed socks for Fathers Day and will use a combination of the other ideas for his birthday. Thanks again.