Spam/Scam message questionnaire

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

administrator
Site Admin

Spam/Scam message questionnaire

Post by administrator »

Hi KPG users,

Thanks for taking the time to read this post today.

My name is Kay and I’m the Administrator of the KPG forum. I’ve been hanging out behind the scenes for about a year or so looking after the day to day technical running of the forum and website.

Today I need your help; I have had some spam/scammer issues brought to my attention recently which I’d like to find out more about and work on finding a solution to help stop this from happening.

To determine the type of action to take please would you take a few moments to answer the following questions:
  • 1. Have you received spam or scammer messages through the Kidney Patient Guide forum in the last year?
  • 2. What was the nature of the spam? If you still have an example of this, it can be sent to me via my profile link
  • 3. Where does the spam come to? EG, Your KPG forum inbox, your email address?
  • 4. How often have you received spam? Daily, once a week/month, hardly ever?
  • 5. Any further comments or notes to add.
If you have any questions or would rather send your response to me directly please feel free to send me a PM.

Many thanks,
Kay
-----
The KPG Team
Rik

Re: Spam/Scam message questionnaire

Post by Rik »

Hi ...
not had anything myself over the past year ...
and it's been many years since I have been contaced via my inbox by someone wanting to sell me a kidney ...
never been contacted via the email I have used as the contact email on here

Rik
Dibs

Post by Dibs »

nothing here either
MandyA

Post by MandyA »

No problems here.
Daisy4246

Post by Daisy4246 »

I was contacted via email about buying a kidney for $90,0000, which l found very strange and deleted straight away. This was about a month ago but nothing else.
SKM23435

Post by SKM23435 »

Not had any for the past year.
Started APD July 2014
On transplant and paired exchange lists.
Transplant 9/5/15
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. Looking much less frequent than I had expected, which is great! :D
-----
The KPG Team
Dixie1

Post by Dixie1 »

Nothing here either. :)
Daisy4246

Post by Daisy4246 »

Nothing on me personally but 2 days ago when l checked new messages there were loads of spam messages from the same group of people getting us to click a link about a bike sell.
Henriettab

Post by Henriettab »

Not had anything from this site either.
I think I did get a strange email ages ago about kidneys but I thought it was teh result of googling a different web site and ending up "chatting" on line to a chinese dr!.
I wonder if other people who have had problems have been googling kidneys and ending up on the wrong web pages, nothing to do with this site.
Just a thought.