Second neckline question

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Daisy4246

Second neckline question

Post by Daisy4246 »

After the new neckline op doctors go and they are busy so you don't get to ask anything even though it's your body that has been cut.
With my 2nd neckline there was a cluster of 6 stiches between the 2 on my neck and the exit site. I didn't have this before. When l asked the sister present she said because it was the 2nd time so they had to go to a different part. Yesterday the stitches were taken out and I noticed that there was a fine 1 inch cut there.
I don't get why that is. Being female it affects body image in that it can be seen so easily now with from my tops. I'm glad it works but it just feels it's our bodies and we are not told much about it.
If anyone knows more please let me know. Views and comments are very appreciated.
Tibbs

Re: Second neckline question

Post by Tibbs »

I had a fairly big nick when I had my neckline put in, and less than a year after, you wouldn't even know it was there. You could just about feel it if you knew where to touch. 4 years later, and I couldn't tell you where it was.
26/11/12 - Live donor transplant from my dad
6/1/13 - Discharged - Rejection episode over
7/1/13 - Getting on with life
24/9/13 - Left Radical Nephrectomy of Native Kidney due to cancerous tumour
14/10/13 - Back to work, getting on with life