New fistula

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Daisy4246

New fistula

Post by Daisy4246 »

Hi guys
I've had a fistula op almost 2 weeks ago; not a pleasant experience but won't go into detail incase of others about to have it. Anyway I am doing the excercises to mature it and do feel the thrill ho
wever I feel a stinging sensation along it and on my hand below the thumb and fore finger. I was wondering if this is normal and if anyone else felt this too.
Btw, l feel lucky to be in this time where we can share experiences online.
wagolynn

Re: New fistula

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Daisy4246,

I would expect after two weeks the numbness, and stinging sensation, in your hand should be wearing off, I would think some nerves were cut but they should recover ok.

I think, after two weeks I would be contacting the medics just to check.
Daisy4246

Re: New fistula

Post by Daisy4246 »

Hi Wagolynn
Thanks for your reply. I will mention it on Friday at the unit. It's 2 weeks on Thursday but the tingling/pins and needles has started about a couple of days ago. All this new stuff, looking forward to a regular routine and neckline out!
Hope you are well.