WE HAVE A TRANSPLANT DATE!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Carolyn in CA

WE HAVE A TRANSPLANT DATE!

Post by Carolyn in CA »

I just had to share our news with all of you as soon as possible. Although I don't post as often as some, due to working 2 jobs, I consider you all my friends and you are definately my support system! Richard's son Tony has been pronounced a suitable donor and we have a transplant date of July 20 at UCSF (San Francisco, for those of you that don't know). Richard is on overload, bouncing off the walls. I'll post more later - just wanted you all to share in our news!

Thanks for all that you share with us all of the time!

Richard and Carolyn
Hal

Post by Hal »

Great news. Best wishes to you, Richard and Tony.

I'm sure it will all go swimmingly for you :)

Hal
Elaine

Good news 4 u Richard & Carolyn

Post by Elaine »

Gr8 news u have!! Good luck 2 u both and best wishes 2u. Just sorta news we like 2 hear ;) :lol: :wink: :D :roll:

best wishes Elaine UK :roll:
Cheryl in CT

Richard's transplant

Post by Cheryl in CT »

Oh, Carolyn, what marvelous news! Please give that Tony a big hug from all of us for his selflessness and generosity in helping his dad. What a wonderful gift, and I'm sure that just knowing what Tony is doing for him will make tomorrow the best Father's Day ever for Richard.

Carolyn, I imagine that emotions will run rather high as the transplant date approaches. Lots of odd questions may pop up, as well. Please use us here for support, and ask ANYTHING that comes to mind during this time. It's a lot to swallow, when you get right down to it, and perhaps those of us who've already been thru it can help. We'll all be thinking about you, Richard and Tony, and wishing nothing but the best for you all. If at any point, you'd like to talk "off the board", please send me a PM, and I'll be glad to listen and help in any way I can.

Meanwhile, congratulations to all of you - and please don't forget to take care of YOURSELF.

all the very best,
Cheryl
Nikki

Wow!

Post by Nikki »

:D Congrats to all of you and all the best! Keep us informed!
Nikki. xx :D
Rik

Post by Rik »

what a fantastic mail to start my week with :0)

what bloody wonderful news Carolyn ... keep us posted ...
it really has cheered my morning .. I can feel your smiles from here ;)

:0)
Dionne

Post by Dionne »

Great news Carolyn!
Please keep us posted on what's happening. We'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers!
Pam

Post by Pam »

You are both in my prayers! I hope and pray everything goes wonderfully-let us know! :D
-Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

Congratulations... I'm just reading this msg now. Its the 22nd.. which means the tx was 2 days ago? Do let us know how it has all went. We are all crossed for you!