Sleepsafe Alarms

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Birdman

Sleepsafe Alarms

Post by Birdman »

Can you please tell me how many alarms you have a night on a Fresenius Sleepsafe machine?

I have never had an alarm free night. For the 73 nights since I changed from manual to overnight my alarms have been:-

1 Alarm - 21 nights
2 Alarms - 19 nights
3 Alarms - 12 nights
4 Alarms - 10 nights
5 Alarms - 8 nights
6 Alarms - 2 nights
7 Alarms - 1 night

Is this normal experience please? I can cope happily with 1 or 2, but wish I didn't have such a broken nights sleep when there is more. I have tried every position, lowering the machine (no difference) etc etc.

All I really want to know is if other FMs have roughly the same number of alarms as me.

Thankyou.
MandyA

Re: Sleepsafe Alarms

Post by MandyA »

Hi Birdman,

I definitely didn't have that many alarms when I was using a Fresenius Sleepsafe machine.

I did get a lot of alarms when I had a Baxter machine, however, mainly involving drain issues.

I would first try talking to your dialysis nurses to see if they can explain and address the problem. You'll need to tell them the alarm code, or whatever the machine says is wrong....

If that doesn't resolve the situation, try calling the Fresenius helpline...... on a couple of occasions when I had problems with APD, it was a machine fault. The machines were replaced within 24 hours, and then everything was fine.

Good luck!

Mandy
Pinkdiamonds14

Re: Sleepsafe Alarms

Post by Pinkdiamonds14 »

Hi Birdman

Have you had any luck resolving your alarm frequency? Do hope you are having better nights.