This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator


Postby byronblue » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Im 31 years old, I been living with this internal back pain for 12 years in this recent few years i notice my eyes began to get puffy and I been having problems concentrating and feeling fatigue. The internal back pain increases as well as the fatigue when i drink coffe or consume alcohol so i stop completly using both. I keep going to the doctor and everthing seems fine on the tests they performed. I cant never get a clear diagnosis or help with my sickness. I know for a fact that it has to do with my kidneys but I dont know exactly what doctor or especialist to go especially after I went to a nephrologist a while back and was told everything was ok. Please HELP!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:49 pm


Postby wagolynn » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi byronblue,

Back pains are a very common condition, try looking for pictures of the muscle structure of the back on Google, and you will begin to see why.

Back pains do not usually suggest kidney problems, I would suggest if the Nephrologist has said your kidneys are OK, then they are.

I would investigate your back pains from another angel, seating at home or work, abnormal loads at work, bad posture, are all possible causes.
What gives you relief from the pain, there may be a clue to the cause in that?

As a last resort, an Osteopath may be able to help you.

Best wishes.
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Return to The KPG Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 30 guests