Could this be end stage now?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Henriettab

Could this be end stage now?

Post by Henriettab »

Last time Dad had a blood test he had a stable GFR of around 28, this was about a years ago I think.
He is now 90 and the last month he has had daily visits from District Nurses to change his leg ulcer dressings. The dressings are soaked through with Odeima each day and he is now on Anti Biotics for leg infection and also back on Dieretics for last 5 days but still getting wet legs.
I am wondering if he has now reached End Stage causing the excess fluid loss?
He has had very restless legs today and I know restless leg syndrome is a symptom of End Stage. The symptom list also includes nausea but Dad had not experienced this. What do you think?
AmandaClare

Re: Could this be end stage now?

Post by AmandaClare »

It's hard to say, but none of the symptoms sounds definitive. Restless legs can strike when you're a long way from end stage. I also think it would be unlikely to have v low kidney function without feeling nauseous.

I hope your father's uncomfortable symptoms improve.

Amanda
Alports Syndrome
Dialysis 1986, aged 14
Transplant 1988, still going strong!
Baby boy 2010
chrisb

Re: Could this be end stage now?

Post by chrisb »

I never felt nauseous and I went down to 6 grfg before I started dialysis