Got a date...

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

bosshogg

Got a date...

Post by bosshogg »

So after 9 months work up, myself and my live donor finally have a date for transplant.

All going well I should be able to dodge dialysis this time.

Like all these things, months of waiting and when we were told the date, we were like - wow that's soon :)
Live Tx 13 odd years ago. Living the dream./
rheaybou

Re: Got a date...

Post by rheaybou »

It's funny that after months of what seems like inactivity.......bang!

You are trying to arrange your life and stay fit and healthy for a date you don't want to have to make, but without it.....
It's exciting, nerve racking and terrifyingly grounding to get it, for the hospital side it seems routine, but it's anything but for you and your donor. Making me well up thinking about my own experience.

Wishing you and your donor all the best for a quick recovery and a long time together with your gift.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
bosshogg

Post by bosshogg »

Thanks for the kind words.

Last time, 15 years ago, I was a lot more run down after nearly 3 years on pd. Can't remember that much about the run up to the transplant. This time is far more planned, not sure that if that's easier or not.
bosshogg

Post by bosshogg »

Transplant cancelled for now.

Both of us are gutted.
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

Sorry to hear this and I hope that you are both going to continue with this and are both fit and well to do so. Life sometimes is a bigger test than we would like, best wishes to you both.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.