Fresenis 4008h

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

thecat2008

Fresenis 4008h

Post by thecat2008 »

Hi does any one use the 4008h machine for single needle nocturnal dialysis, as I am just training for it and was wondering how it is going.
Any comments please
mildredthecat

Re: Fresenis 4008h

Post by mildredthecat »

Not even allowed home dialysis and cant even find out why. no one bothers to answer here - waste of time
wagolynn

Re: Fresenis 4008h

Post by wagolynn »

Hi thecat2008,

Whilst I have not done single needle dialysis - the 4008h was a very reliable, and simple to operate, machine. It is now replaced by the 5008.

I am not sure why you are using single needle (high flow rates are not achievable on single needle) but like learning most things, at first it feels impossible but with practice it becomes easy. If you are not understanding your training then say so, and ask about the parts that you are troubled by.

Persist and you will get there.

Best wishes.