It's all a bit too much!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

ScrapheapHuman

It's all a bit too much!

Post by ScrapheapHuman »

I am generally a very positive person, take more or less everything in my stride, especially when it comes to my health. However sometimes it get a bit much, it feels like someone up there is testing my breaking point, by adding yet another health issue! A STROKE!!

I am 31 and in Oct 2015 I suffered a stroke! My renal doctor does not think it is due to my kidneys alone (or symptoms of) so I am now being tested for so many things... I had 15 vials of blood taken on Friday and now their concern is, if I have any conditions with my blood vessels which could hinder my chances of a transplant!!

My GFR is 20, I am due to go back in 6 weeks when hopefully all the test results will be back. I have had so many tests, scans, MRIs, 7 day EDG and now waiting for an Echo!

Add to all of that, endometriosis, for which I am now not allowed to take the pill for because of my risk of stroke, I can't take any painkillers stronger than paracetamol.

Every time I think I am moving forward, something happens to to try and knock me back. I am usually Strong enough not to let it bring me down, but sometimes it can feel a bit too much.
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

http://scrapheaphuman.blogspot.co.uk/
wagolynn

Re: It's all a bit too much!

Post by wagolynn »

Hi ScrapheapHuman,

Sorry to read of your latest trouble but at least it has been spotted, and the process of diagnosing the cause is underway.

Might I suggest, getting on your own, then have weep, wail, shout, scream, etc. until you have had enough, then try and think through the positives e.g. the stroke was not as bad as it might have been, and they are trying to diagnose the cause, and so on.

I hope things turn out well for you, I will keep everything crossed.

Best wishes.