Kidney Failure With Shingles

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Satyaki.De

Kidney Failure With Shingles

Post by Satyaki.De »

Hi Admin,

My mom is suffering with severe heart issue along with Kidney failure. Now, for last 3 months she is receiving Dialysis.

Day before yesterday, she caught shingles & now she in unconscious & admitted to Hospital.

Doctors tested CT Scan, MRI & everything. So, far that result is good. But, her pulse is significantly low. Today, she is having her dialysis as well. Does shingles with these complication can increase life threats?

How much that might really complicate the problem? Can it increase chance of cerebral strokes & paralysis?

Can you guys please help me - if anyone knows this? :cry:

Really appreciate your guidance.

Regards.

Satyaki De
wagolynn

Re: Kidney Failure With Shingles

Post by wagolynn »

Hello Satyaki.De,

I am sorry to read of your mothers condition, the doctors appear to be doing everything possible to help her.

The dialysis is an important part of her treatment.

The shingles are being treated early so whilst, very uncomfortable, should not make the situation much worse. The shingles may be slow to go as mothers immune system is much weaker than normal due to the kidney condition.

I am not a medical practitioner, just a kidney patient.

Have you tried telling the medical people treating her of your concerns, I am sure they would take time out to tell you about mum. If mum is in the UK, the hospital PALS organisation should help you find the right people to ask about mum.

Best wishes to you both
Satyaki.De

Re: Kidney Failure With Shingles

Post by Satyaki.De »

Hi Wagolynn,

Sorry to hear about your condition as well. Hope you'll get back well.

No. Currently, My mom is in Kolkata, India.

Doctors & nurses were doing all what they could do. But, I wanted to know how much that really makes her life critical. All I hope to see her recover as soon as possible.

And, thanks again for your time & reply.

Really appreciate.

Regards.

Satyaki De