holiday dialysis in india

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

chessnut

holiday dialysis in india

Post by chessnut »

over christmas/new year, i managed to visit india for the first time in 4 years, taking the plunge with holiday dialysis there. i went for nearly 3 weeks, doing 10 sessions of dialysis.

if you're wanting to visit india, get in touch with nephroplus.com
they were very supportive and helpful. I filled out their web form, and then we exchanged a number of emails.
I only did sessions in a max hospital near delhi, though they have places all over India.

the technicians are very knowledgeable and helpful, followed good hygiene practices (heat disinfection is done between patients, all supplies were opened in front of me, hands disinfected on each visit etc), and put up with my own requests, such as using my own tinzaparin instead of their heparin. most of them had a good standard of English, so no language problems.

I took my own needles, but otherwise they provided everything in a fee of around £45 a session, which adds up, but was manageable for me. (you can reduce that by around £10 a go if you follow the locals and re-use your dialyzer -- apparently they re-use it up to 8 times!)

My doing my own needles caused a bit of surprise and consternation. I had a little audience some days of senior staff wanting to see this novelty of a patient doing their own needles... home haemodialysis does not happen there, nor does button holing.
Sabra Syed

Re: holiday dialysis in india

Post by Sabra Syed »

Hello, i am Flower been on dialysis for 6 years. I too am travelling to india third week of March and will be going to the Max hospital in Saket, New Delhi and I too found them extremely polite & medically satisfactory but I wanted to ask if anyone has been to Goa & had dialysis there. I want to find out where the best place for dialysis is so I can book my accommodation near there. Please help someone!