Lost stent inside me!?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

MarkKent

Lost stent inside me!?

Post by MarkKent »

Hi everyone,I had UPJ obstruction surgery 3 weeks ago. My stent was supposed to be removed today, but they couldn`t find it in my bladder, probably it has moved further into my uretera somehow??? Is that even possible? Could I have caused it myself, was I too active during my recovery weeks? Feel frustrated, wanted this to be over so bad… They`re going to do general anesthesia in few weeks time now and go look for it! Has it happened to anyone? Feel a bit scared as my stent seems to have life of its own there and wanders around with no purpose inside me. :? Thx!
wagolynn

Re: Lost stent inside me!?

Post by wagolynn »

Hi MarkKent,

If you are in the UK you are in good hands, so relax (as much as you can), worrying will not change the situation.

I would have thought it would showup on an Ultrasound scan.

Best wishes.
MarkKent

Post by MarkKent »

Thx for reply Wagolynn... the funny thing is, once they couldn`t find it inside my bladder, they did no ultrasound, no x-ray, no nothing to find out where is it. Doctor was calm about it and said it has happened before and just booked me in for surgery. After I got home, thought this is a bit strange... probably my mind is playing tricks on me and I assume they know what they are doing... I live in Holland.. anyway, fingers crossed and hope for the best!
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi MarkKent,

Is healthcare free for you?

I can understand being 'carful' with Xray, not really good for you, ultrasound is harmless but would be expensive in operator time.
Sounds as though they have an idea were it has moved to based on previous experience.

Best wishes.
MarkKent

Post by MarkKent »

Hi Wagolynn, yes I am medically insured... well I hope the same, that they know what they`re doing. And thx again to you, for you letters and concern, always helps to talk (to write) to somebody. :)

Wishing all the best to you as well!