Urea and oxalate

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Solo

Urea and oxalate

Post by Solo »

Hi
I have had some new results from a test I had ...apparently I have lots and lots ( that's what the go said ) of Oxalates and Urea . I remember in a biology lesson at school a few years ago * cough* learning about Oxalate and their function .....however I think the new boy started in that lesson and I stopped listening!!! Darn Brads good looks and floppy fringe!!

Does anyone know if having lots of Urea and Oxalates is a good or bad thing ?

Thank you for tolerating my piddling questions
Rik

Re: Urea and oxalate

Post by Rik »

Hi Solo ...
as any long standing member of this board will tell you ...
I am completely rubbish about knowing anything technical about ESRF ...
and despite oxalates sounding a weird cocktail of oxo and hot chocolate ... :shock:
well some fools buy mochalate!! ... eurghk!!

one positive thing I can say ...
don't apologise for it ...
all the time you are piddling ...
means your kidneys have some function!!

someone with sense and knowledge of all things kidney will be along soon ......... hopefully :roll:
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

High Urea is not good, I believe oxalates can increase risk/cause kidney stones.

You should really be talking to a Dr about this, high uerea will mean that the kidneys are not doing what they should or you are dehydrated (your pee should be a light straw colour, not a dark brown!)
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Hi Rik. You're such a handful! Oxo and hot chocolate ???

Hi Rheaybou . I will make another appointment to see my gp and discuss it more . You sound like my consultant .... He is always telling me off about urine colour . Thank you for coming to my aid once again :D