Sudden increase in Creatinine and Urea

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

AMRenal

Sudden increase in Creatinine and Urea

Post by AMRenal »

Hello everyone,

It appears my creatinine levels are going up and am a bit concerned about it. My levels were quite stable until Sep15 around 165 to 180 for the last one year, however, on a test in end of Nov showed it increased to 236 (urea was at 7.1). I actually thought it might be incorrect as nothing changed in my habbits between sep and Nov. I again went for bloods after 2 weeks and surprised to note that Creatinine is 251 and urea now is 11.3, this makes me worry about the future.

Found this forum while trying to look for answers, hoping that someone from this forum would have gone through similar situation and may be able to comment. My biopsy in June 2015 should 50-60% tubuloi interst nephritis. Appreciate comments

AM
wagolynn

Re: Sudden increase in Creatinine and Urea

Post by wagolynn »

Hi AMRenal,

I think you should contact your renal team or your GP, to interpret the blood results for you, they will know all the background information.

Best wishes.
AMRenal

Re: Sudden increase in Creatinine and Urea

Post by AMRenal »

thnx...i have an appt on Tuesday..keeping fingers crossed