pain post ligation surgery

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Unifluzie

pain post ligation surgery

Post by Unifluzie »

hi all!!

long time since I've been on here.
So I'm now 3 years post transplant with a comfortable creat of 150-160 depending on day and fluid balance. I lost 6.5 stones since transplant and have just had my AV fistula ligated as it had become quite large at my elbow crease and was getting caught on stuff at work.
Had the surgery under local on Friday at guys and was all good, slight allergy to the dressing which I changed to a mepore and this subsided but now I have pain between my thumb and my index finger. has anyone experienced this?

hope everyone ok on here
wagolynn

Re: pain post ligation surgery

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Unifluzie,

The pain could just be because the nerves have been disturbed but I think it is worth a visit to your GP.

Best wishes.
Unifluzie

Post by Unifluzie »

thanks, I spoke to a renal doc at work, he said that it was fine.......it subsided over the next 24 hours
Unifluzie

Post by Unifluzie »

bit gutted after all! went for my wound check up on Friday thinking that all was good to find there is a 3x1cm collection sitting just over the artery. dr's not keen to drain it as it a mix of fluids and I have to go back in 2 weeks.

its actually more uncomfortable than the actual fistula pre surgery