Advagraf reduction side effects

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Thelma

Advagraf reduction side effects

Post by Thelma »

A month or two ago I had my advagraf dose reduced from 3mg to 2.5mg, and my creatinine is now recovering. I ran out of the 0.5s on Friday so took 2mg on Sat and Sun. Today a clinic my blood pressure was low at 100/60, which is v low for me. When having my bloods taken, I came over all faint and wobbly - which NEVER normally happens. I've spent all evening feeling weak and wobbly.

Has anyone else experienced this? I think it's the reduction in the advagraf and my blood pressure is now (temporarily) over controlled. I'm inclined to skip the bp meds tonight and hope I feel better. I've got the full 2.5mg dose tonight now as well. It's possible they'll bring my advagraf dose down to 2mg anyway... should I ask them to look at the bp med too if they do?

Ugh feels horrible like this.
Transplanted 31st July 2012 - Vasculitis survivor
rheaybou

Re: Advagraf reduction side effects

Post by rheaybou »

Not sure if the anti rejection meds you take have any impact on BP, I know mine dont. Keep a track of your BP meds, times you take them and if possible BP three times a day.

I had issues with very low BP and had a couple of falls and times when I had to stop the car for fear of passing out. Some of my BP meds were stopped over a period of time (Doxasosin) and others used ( beta blockers and ace inhibitors ) swapped to different times of the day to give a more even spread and reduce this chance of dangerously low levels. That has been the case for over a year now and touch wood my BP hase bee at a great and stable level. Get the information you collect to your GP/TX team, I have even known fellow TXers have a 24 hr BP monitor to get to the bottom of this kind of thing.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.