first one thing and then another

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

amanda in CA

first one thing and then another

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, I posted the other day to mention how a close friend had died whilst scuba diving. Well a couple of weeks ago, my brother, 3 years older than me and a biker, had an accident and smashed his tibia up. the long and short of it is that this has now resulted in an amputation. He seems to be keeping his spirits up but I'm sure that there will be a time soon when the reality hits him. I'm looking forward to seeing him in August. Amanda
nycpetit

Oh Amanda

Post by nycpetit »

I am so sorry...gosh there's a lot to deal with at once...I am sending positive thoughts to all of you...and a lot of extra hugs

Natalie
oldborris

your brother

Post by oldborris »

Oh, Amanda: how awful. how dreadful.
Elaine

Hi Amanda ;)

Post by Elaine »

Sooo sorry to hear your sad news Amanda you seem to be havin more than your fair share of a tough time @ mo :(

Wishing your brother all the best and I'm sure he will come through all of this. I worked with many people who had limbs amputated and there is life after although it obviously has to be' adapted' He I'm sure will be going through, in his own time, all sorts emotions and grief process at the moment.

Please say hi from me in UK. Let him know lotta people thinking of him and wishing him well again. :wink:

best wishes Elaine UK :roll: :wink:
Rik

Post by Rik »

I cant say how really sorry I am to hear about your brother Amanda :0( ...
your like family on this board to lots of us ... and we are probaly all feeling the same for you right now ... and want say how sorry we are for your brother ...

it now seems fortunate that you planned to come over to the UK ... you have a chance in a couple of months to see your brother ... and be there for him ... probably when your most needed ... when all the initial worry from friends and family has disapated and he has to start to learn to cope with his disabilty ... you get to give your support when its needed most ...

all the best to both you and all your family Amanda ... and dont forget that this place is more than just a Kidney Board ... it where a lot of your friends from all over are too ...
:0)XXX
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Hello Amanda
So sorry to hear about your brother Amanda
You have had a rough ride on this horrid rollercoaster ride
But I was pleased to read your coming home in August
Take care
Sue
In the UK
xx
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi Amanda,
sorry to hear of your terrible news. Please tell your brother that this is not the end of the world yet a new opportunity that will open many many more new doors for him. I suffered a Bi- lateral below knee amputation in May 2003 and since then I have returned to school and I am fully mobile.
It is a life changing experience but I wanted to get on with it, and I continue doing things that i enjoyed, I am learning to drive at the moment, and doing everything an 18 year old does (clubbing n stuff).
If he ever wants to chat bout the amputation then you can pm me.

love
Andy
XxX
Nikki

Oh Amanda!

Post by Nikki »

:cry: Oh Amanda, you poor thing, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.
I know how you feel, sometimes it all just happens at once doesn't it and you feel like someones watchng over you and throwing as much crap at you as they can to see how far they can push you.
Stay strong, thinking of you. Nikki. xx
Hal

Hey

Post by Hal »

Hi Amanda,

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. I won't say I understand, because I clearly don't I'm sure. Take Care. Wishing you and your brother well. Hope to see you in August.

Hal x