Forgot to take my Prograf last night

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

sporti

Forgot to take my Prograf last night

Post by sporti »

Hi

For the first time I forgot to take my Prograf last night. Do I just carry on as normal? Will it make a difference. I've taken my morning one at 9.00am I normally take it at 1030am. Thanks
sanela

Re: Forgot to take my Prograf last night

Post by sanela »

Hi Sporti,

just carry on as normal. You can mention it to your doctors, for reassurance, they are best placed to advise you.
It might help to set an alarm on your mobile (if you have one) as a reminder at 10.30 am and pm. Or, you could set up two alarms 5 minutes apart so in case you get distracted when the first one sets off, the second one will kick in.
Of course, you might already have your own way of reminding yourself. We all get distracted at times :)

Someone mentioned somewhere recently, the general rule/guide, if you forget a dose, and there is more than six hours to the next one, take the one you missed then. If there is less than six hours, wait for next dose.

Sanela
Walter, 15 september 2009
Grey

Post by Grey »

The trick is don't forget ! However they were not so concerned when I had an op so I guess you will be OK.
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later
Rik

Post by Rik »

blimey ...
don't worry too much ...
honestly ... I forgot so many times that in the end I had to ask the Doc to change me from progaf to the new (at the time) advagraph ...
so like I've said before ... I just take all my tablets in one go in the morning nowdays ...
dont worry too much ... either take them when you remember if its early enough ... or ignore it and carry on with your next tac ...
you should be just fine :0)
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

You wont be the first.....or the last to miss a dose.

If it is playing on your mond always give the hospital a call to get some feedback. I took mine once, they then came right back up after half an hour(beer bug) and was told to take half dose of tac and chill out! Then continue normally in the evening.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
sporti

Post by sporti »

Ok thanks a lot everyone x