Problems plumbing in new kidney

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

thecat2008

Problems plumbing in new kidney

Post by thecat2008 »

Hi, I went to see my surgeon yesterday, about having a live donor transplant next Tuesday. He said it is a 50/50 chance whether they will be able to plum the new kidney in, because my veins and arteries aren't very good. On my right side I have an old transplant and a stoma bag, where my veins and arteries are better than on my left side where I have nothing done, so they are still deciding which side to try and put it in. So I could wake up next week with or without a new kidney.
Also at the moment I have a cold which has raised my white blood count.
Please all pray for me that everything goes well for me next week and I get a new kidney as this is the only chance I will get due to high antibodies.
Any comments most welcome please.
wagolynn

Re: Problems plumbing in new kidney

Post by wagolynn »

Hello the cat 2008,

I hope all goes well for you .
Best wishes.
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

This is the fear and the unknown. When they look at the way the blood is supplied to the potential donor kidney and how/where they can plumb the new one in. But they are so skilled that I amsure they will find a solution, getting a bug is not great and it could cause a delay. However I would happily return at a later date to make sure everything is 100% (my first LD transplant was cancelled as I took a shower to prepare for surgery) and everyone is safe.

Have positive thoughts coming your way and good luck to you, your donor and all involved.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
AmandaClare

Post by AmandaClare »

Thats a difficult situation. All the very best - hope it goes ahead and goes well. Post when you can.
Alports Syndrome
Dialysis 1986, aged 14
Transplant 1988, still going strong!
Baby boy 2010