Benefits

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

thecat2008

Benefits

Post by thecat2008 »

Hi, I am on dialysis at the moment, but hopefully later this month I will receive a living donor kidney transplant. I am receiving the higher rate disability, and my husband is on careers allowance. I also get Employment & Support Allowance (ESA).

So I was wondering if I will still be able to get these benefits after a transplant.

If you could give me any advice please.
chrisb

Re: Benefits

Post by chrisb »

I am also on dialysis but was told that I did not qualify for the disability allowance although I do get ESA which I would have been unhappy about if I hadn't after 42 years nonstop working and paying in.

I could be wrong about this but I believe Benefits stop after a successful transplant and so do free prescriptions
Grey

Re: Benefits

Post by Grey »

Not in Wales, scripts are free !
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later