Alcohol

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Billie_AF

Alcohol

Post by Billie_AF »

Hi Folks,

New to this site. I wondered if any of you can drink alcohol without being sick. I am by no means a heavy drinker, I would like to have a couple of glasses of wine once a week or so with a meal but even after one glass of wine I get very sick. My eGFR is 20 and has been since October. Not sure if this is kidney related or not. :?
Dibs

Re: Alcohol

Post by Dibs »

Hi Billie.

As has been said on here many times, we are all different. My eGFR is down to 9 now and I struggle with more than two pints of alcohol. I am starting to feel nauseous on occasions as well. Even if we are just trying to keep things 'normal', these trivial things are what you notice as your body starts to struggle.
Notso

Re: Alcohol

Post by Notso »

Hi Billie,

I treat myself to two nips of scotch or two beers ( a stubby beer is about 12 1/2 ounces) on Friday and Saturday afternoons. Thankfully it does not make me sick and it makes me very happy. My Egfr is 28