Low Blood Pressure after Transplant

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

sporti

Low Blood Pressure after Transplant

Post by sporti »

Hi

I've always had high blood pressure for as long as I can remember but controlled with medication. Since my kidney transplant, and I'm now almost 16 weeks post op, it's running about 116/65 and only on half a BP pill. Can anyone tell me why this is please and could this be the explanation for my dizziness? Thank you. I will be asking this when I go to transplant clinic in two weeks but always interesting to hear other people's experiences :D
rheaybou

Re: Low Blood Pressure after Transplant

Post by rheaybou »

i had the same thing, pre TX I ran at 200/210 ish and that dropped down to my current of 115ish - safe and normal levels.

I was told that it was the body adjusting and also all the deep hidden fluid finally being removed, im on about 1/5th of the blood pressure meds I was pre TX just over 2.5 years in. Keep an eye on it and keep a record, my guess is that you will have one dropped at your next clinic and asked to keep an eye on it.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
DeanH

Post by DeanH »

I'm the same, pre transplant bp was very high and post transplant 117/80 to 125/85, 6 months post double transplant
sporti

Post by sporti »

Thank you. Very interesting. I had no idea that this would happen :D
Grey

Post by Grey »

Hey Sue, me too exactly that. I sometimes find though that on odd occasions when go to bed my BP soars, no it's not what you are thinking, I rather suspect it has something to do with stress during the preceding day. But not often thanks heavens Grey
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later